Our product categories have grown tremendously over the past year. The new categories really broaden what this voluntary benefit program makes available to your clients’ employees. It’s much, much more than the line-up of computers, electronics and appliances from just a few years ago!
We know employees want to be able to buy a PC for their kid, might need to replace their old fridge, wish they could go back to school or take a vacation. So the product categories in our employee purchase program continue to expand, giving your clients’ employees the financial flexibility to do these things. Make sure your clients and prospects are aware of all the products and services available through Purchasing Power.
We have increased the product categories because on-going research gives us special knowledge and insights into today’s employees and their financial wellness that is unmatched in the industry, and we are always exploring more innovative ways to meet their needs. That’s our purpose – Powering People to a Better Life™.
Over the past 18 months, we added several new categories:
- Vacation Packages. Hotels, cruises, destination resorts and all-inclusive resorts.
- Jewelry & Watches. Bracelets, necklaces, earrings, rings and jewelry sets for special occasion gifts, engagements and weddings, as well as watches and accessories.
- Luggage & Handbags. Suitcases, luggage sets, backpacks, laptop bags, duffle bags, wallets and handbags are available from top brands such as Samsonite, Tumi, American Tourister, Michael Kors and Vera Bradley.
- Musical Instruments. Band and orchestra instruments, drums and percussion, guitars, keyboards and accessories (such as amplifiers, synthesizers, microphones) are included.
- Learning Solutions. Online education includes college courses for first-year and catch-up college degree programs, SAT/ACT prep and tutoring courses, professional certification courses, and high school and career diplomas (such as auto repair technician, physical therapy aide and residential electrician). Additionally, the healthcare bundle features courses from StraighterLine including opportunities for billers and coders, health information management (HIM) professionals and nurses to satisfy educational requirements, meet certifications and advance their careers.
These new products and services join the other categories:
- Computers. Laptops, desktops and tablets.
- Electronics, TV & Video. TVs, digital cameras, car audio, mobile phones and more.
- Appliances. A full range of home appliances, including Energy Star®-qualified models, from names like LG®, Frigidaire®, Kenmore® and many more.
- Furniture. Bedroom, living room, dining room and office furniture.
- Baby & Kids. Essentials for the new baby (car seats, high chairs, cribs, etc.) as well as furniture for older kids and educational toys for all ages.
- Outdoor Living. Brand-name tools, grills, lawn mowers and patio sets.
- Fitness. A wide selection of equipment including treadmills, elliptical trainers and exercise cycles.
Brokers who offer our employee purchase program to their clients have an increased revenue stream. They also report having stronger client relationships, because by providing employers with voluntary benefits that create more productive workers who are engaged and empowered, they support their client’s business goals.