SALES TIP OF THE MONTH –PRIORITIZE, DON’T APOLOGIZE

By Doug Rooker, Vice President of Sales

It’s been said that 90 percent of the things we worry about never happen, and that 5 percent of the things we worry about are things that we can’t do anything about.  That leaves us spending 95 percent of our worrying time squarely focusing on the wrong things!  Ouch.

From my point of view, the best salespeople know how to distinguish important or critical problems from mundane ones.  I heard recently that a salesperson was trying to make a sale that she’d been working on for nearly three months.  The sale was worth about $100 a month.  She had gone back multiple times to see the individual.  Other prospects on her list represented roughly 8-10 times as much money as this one did.

I inquired as to why she was doing that.  Her response: “It isn’t the sale anymore, it’s the challenge of making the sale.

Share this Article:
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • email
  • Facebook
  • PDF
  • Add to favorites