A telecommunications company with 50,000 employees in over 25 states brought Purchasing Power in as an alternative program to unburden its HR department from the time-consuming administration and debt liability associated with managing its own internal computer purchase program. As a leader in the telecommunications industry, this organization knew the importance of internet access and computer ownership for education of its employees. The additional steps it took when implementing our program led to a phenomenal participation the first year.
During implementation, we held webinars for its HR team to educate them about our program.
We launched our program using email, direct mail, and onsite materials like benefit fair flyers. On an ongoing basis we communicate to its employees through direct mail and flyers.
The results are impressive: during a one year period when average penetration (orders divided by eligibles) was 7.6 percent, this client had penetration of 23 percent!
Strong communication is essential to educate and promote awareness among employees.
In addition to our regular marketing, we have other tools available to support your clients’ benefits strategy.
Make sure your clients are aware of these opportunities:
- Program training. We offer additional program training webinars for regional/field HR managers as well as lunch & learns for employees.
- Events other than benefit fairs. Purchasing Power is always happy to be part of a benefit fair, but we can also host or participate in other events, such as a company town hall meeting or vendor day.
- Sponsorship events. We are happy to contribute to sponsorship events, such as education funds, charities or wellness initiatives.
- The company’s internal communication channel. To increase program awareness, we can use a company’s internal communication channel and create custom ads for the company magazine or radio station.
- Membership recruitment. To help increase membership recruitment traffic, we can sponsor contests, special seasonal discounts and prizes.