4 LINKEDIN RESOLUTIONS FOR 2016

Social media is as important as any sales tools you use because 55 percent of all buyers do their research by using social networks and more than 70 percent of B2B purchase decision-makers use social media to help make those decisions. And the proof that it’s important is reflected in this statistic: 78 percent of salespeople who use social media outperform their peers.

Your digital persona reflects your authentic self. Does it convey the value you bring clients? Does it help them relate to you on a personal level? Does it give them confidence to trust you, to do business with you and demonstrate the expertise you say you have?

Justin Meyer’s LinkedIn resolutions article last month on BenefitsPro.com outlines four resolutions about your LinkedIn account that you should make this year:

  1. Update your LinkedIn profile
    LinkedIn is the top social network for B2B interactions, so make sure your profile is current and highlights what you have to offer to potential clients.
  2. Be proactive
    With the rise of social networking, it’s even easier to research potential (and existing) customers. Get to know a prospective client even more before meeting them.
  3. Abide by the 80/20 content rule
    Take time every few days to post, as this is a way to stay in front of prospects. Meyer recommends the 80/20 rule when posting: Only 20 percent of your content should relate to your brand or business, and the remaining 80 percent should be a balance of other interesting, shareable content (retweets, motivational quotes, and links to industry news) and your personal interests. Include your personal commentary when sharing compelling articles and links. People want to know your take or why they should care, and this is a good way to reinforce your position as an advisor, consultant, or practice leader.
  4. Strive for quality, not quantity
    Monitor your posts to see what is getting engagement. Are you garnering comments, likes or shares? This is how you can measure effectiveness and gauge what your network is most interested in. You might be surprised with what gets traction.
Share this Article:
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • email
  • Facebook
  • PDF
  • Add to favorites